Thursday 22 February 2007

Lacey's Page

I've just made this layout of my new grandaughter, Lacey. She is two months old now but these photos were taken when she was just two hours old.
I was so pleased when Chris told me they were having a little girl. Each time I got pregnant, I prayed for a daughter but alas, it wasn't to be. I did get four lovely lads and I have never wished they were any different but it would have been nice to have had a daughter. I see how close my sister is to my niece and sometimes regret that I never had that.
And the old saying 'A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughters a daughter for all of her life' is very true. Since my lads have found partners they have moved out and on with their lives and I don't see them as often, but they visit their partners' mums all the time. Ah well, them's the breaks, I guess.
Anyway, now I have a little girl to spoil. I can buy all the girly things I yearned to buy when I was a mum of sons. All the pink, sparkly, fairy, fluffy things that girls love. After a twenty three year wait I finally get that chance, and I am definitely going to make the most of it. This is one baby girl who will grow up to be a proper girly girl, if grandma has anything to do with it.

No comments: