Sunday 11 February 2007

A Visit from the Grandchildren

My son Chris and his partner, Leah, have just left with the grandchildren. I really enjoy their visits. Lacey is only 7 weeks old so she is still sleeping most of the time. She is a really good baby, hardly ever cries, just when she needs feeding. Good job really because her brother, Kalem, is a live wire.

He is 19 months old and never sits still. He loves cartoons but has a very short interest span so will not sit for long and watch. He likes to throw and bash things so when he gets the urge we all jump to avoid or rescue said article. Feeding time is messy to say the least as he still prefers fingers to cutlery. And his toybox gets emptied all over the house. I swear he tires me out just watching him. But he has learned not to touch grandma's precious fairy ornaments, at last.

However, I love him and his sister to bits. I wouldn't miss having them around for anything. As a grandma I get all the good bits without the hard work. I don't have the sleepless nights, making up bottles, constant nappy changing, etc. I get to read stories, play games, have fun without the hassles of parenthood.

And best of all - I get to give them back when I've had enough.

No comments: