Tuesday 31 July 2007

Accidents Happen

Had a bit of an accident, last night. I was watering the pots in the back garden (I know, I know why would I be doing that after all the rain, but it hasn't rained here for a few days and heads were drooping), was dragging the hosepipe around to the front garden and got it twisted around my leg. I pulled and the hosepipe yanked me off my feet. I flew forward with the house wall looming towards me and smacked right into it. I sank like a sack of spuds, blood pouring from my nose and head. Of course, hubby was at work at the time so I shouted my neighbours kids, who were playing in their garden. They fetched my friend, Sue, who had to drive me to casualty.


Luckily, nothing is broken but suffice it to say, I won't be entering any beauty contests for a while. Doctor said to take regular painkillers and rest quietly for a couple of days. Today, I feel as if I've been hit by a train so I am definitely taking that advice. And public appearances will be cancelled for the near future, too.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Ooooohhhhhh my dear sis!!! the words of a James Blunt song springs to mind.." you're beautiful..you're beautiful..its true...." Lol!! So pleased you didnt decide to water the plants 4 days previous to our wedding otherwise I wudnt have had a photographer! lol! lol!