Thursday 28 February 2008

We had an Earthquake!

At one o'clock yesterday morning we had an earthquake!
A loud rumbling woke me up and as I did I felt the bed shaking. I nudged John, who was asleep, and he just grunted and turned over. I went back to sleep, wondering if I'd imagined it. When we got up John said he hadn't heard or felt anything so I really did start to believe I'd dreamed everything. As I was driving John to work at dinnertime we were listening to the radio and they were talking about the earthquake. Mystery solved! I wasn't dreaming, the bed had been shaking.
The epicentre was in Market Rasen which is about 20 miles away from us and it registered 5.2 on the Reichter Scale. No wonder the bed moved!
It was the talk of the day for everybody as we don't usually experience earthquakes here in Scunthorpe.

1 comment:

scrapdolly said...

How scary to be woken like that

LOVE your shopping gal - too cute