Wednesday 5 March 2008

U is for Unladylike!

I've never been accused of being a lady and here are some of the reasons why:
I have never let a man believe that he is better than me. I believe all men and women are equal and deserve the same opportunities in life, love and career. And I don't believe in waiting on a man, hand and foot.
I love to flirt, openly. I have, on occasion, worn my skirts to high and my neckline to low. I am not a social wallflower. Give me a daft game or a karaoke mike over polite conversation, any day, I like being noticed in a crowd.
My boys were all taught to cook, clean, wash and iron. They love and respect me but have sometimes feared me. As the only woman, I ruled the roost in this henhouse. But we had fun times too, playing games, getting dirty, running around, singing songs, dancing to the music.
I can hold my own in an argument, with man or woman. I have frightened a few into backing down, once or twice. Failing that I have always found turning on the waterworks gets you out of many difficult situations.
I can shout as loud as a navvy and (used) to swear like a trooper.
So you see, no ladylike behaviour from me!
But I don't see that as a bad thing. I've had some riotous times and some cringe worthy moments which all add up to a life well lived. And this means that I will continue to go skidding into old age as any self respecting non-lady should do, with total and utter abandon!

No comments: