Wednesday 26 March 2008

Snow for Easter

We had snow on Easter Sunday. Our first snowfall this year and it lasted all of three hours! Not that I'm complaining because I hate snow. I hate walking in it and driving in it. The only way to enjoy it is from the window, while tucked up in front of a warm fire.
But snow at Easter just doesn't seem right somehow. Snow at Christmas is right. We haven't had snow at Christmas for so many years and although I hate it, it's the one time when it should appear. To get the real feel of Christmas, we should wake up to a snowy landscape with big flakes falling past the window. The morning should be spent opening presents then snowballing or sledging before dinner.
Easter is about spring and flowers and baby lambs. Easter morning should be sunny and bright with daffodills in the garden. I know Easter is early this year but even so, by the end of March we're looking forward to the end of winter not a replay!

No comments: