Monday 26 March 2007

Spring Time Layout


This is my layout for UKS week 3 March challenge. I am the grand old age of 19 in this photo! Taken in York on a lovely spring day amongst the daffodils. I was really pleased with this layout. I feel I'm getting much more confident with techniques and inspiration for LO's now.
Today we have had no water since early morning because a major water main burst in the night. We weren't flooded like some poor homeowners but it really does make you realise just how much water you need in one day. Of course everywhere had sold out of bottled water by dinnertime. I was lucky enough to get plenty for our drinking needs though. My parents weren't affected so good old dad filled me some 5 gallon drums to use for flushing the toilet and washing up. Jamie got an unexpected day off school so he was happy. It is so horrible not being able to bath or shower and pouring buckets of water into the toilet to flush is no fun either. We've been told it will be around 10.30pm tonight before our supply is back on. We have no heating but it has been a mild day so it isn't to bad and we have the fire. I've put an extra blanket over Jamie's duvet so he's nice and toastie warm. I really hope it's back on before tomorrow or it's all round to mum's for a bath.

No comments: