Tuesday 6 March 2007

Sunny Day and Bye Bye Garden

It's a beautiful, sunny, mild day today in Sunny Scunny. It finally feels like spring is coming. There are daffodils and hyacinths blooming in the garden giving a splash of colour to the bare days of winter.
I love my garden but I've had to make the sad decision to get rid of it and have it block paved.
Two years ago I had a really bad break to my ankle and was unable to tend the garden for 3 months. It got so badly overgrown that I've never been able to get control of it again. I have a weakness in my ankle now that stops me from standing on it for long periods so heavy gardening is beyond me now. Hubby can't do it either, owing to a leg injury from a motorcycle accident. So we have decided the garden has to go. I'm keeping my rose arch and honeysuckle trellis but the rest will soon be no more.
It saddens me somewhat but it will make life easier. The garden was large and took a lot of my time with constant weeding, planting and watering. I am going to keep my greenhouse and just grow a few plants for hanging basket and wall planter. I will also have some pots dotted around but I think I will fill those with perrenials and shrubs.
It will be a great scrapping opportunity too. I have lots of photos from start of to finished garden, that I've been meaning to scrap for ages, so I'll dust off the camera and get snapping again, then I can have a complete record.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Hi darling sis...Awww!!! never mind..at least you will have plenty of time to put ure feet up and enjoy ure fave pasttime..you bookworm!! hehehe!!!