Sunday 21 September 2008

Trip to the Dentist

I've just been to have my tooth out at the emergency dentist. Actually I went last Sunday but the dentist wouldn't take it out as I had an infected tooth. He sent me off with a prescription for antibiotics and told me to come back in a week. So, there I was all psyched up and ready and had to go home and wait another week for the dreaded deed!
Can I just say here, I am terrified of dentists. I hate them so much I only go when I'm in so much pain I need to die!
Back I went today. With everybody telling me, it doesn't hurt, you won't feel a thing, I sauntered into the room feeling calm and relaxed - actually, I was bricking it but I'm a grown woman who has had babies and should be able to stand any pain thrown at me so was only acting all calm and relaxed. I managed the injection without crying but when he went in to pull the tooth, pain, pain, pain! So he gave me another injection and waited a few minutes then went in again. At first, no pain, just pressure, okay so far. Then as he started to tug, pain, yes I felt pain! I jumped and squealed and he just kept pulling that tooth right out. It came out in about 30 seconds but boy were they long seconds. Afterwards, he apologised and explained that I still had a slight infection left in the tooth, that's why it hurt, but he felt it was better to pull the tooth than give another round of medication. Well, that's all right then!!!
So people, for the record, it did hurt, I did feel something and I'm never going to the dentist again!

No comments: