Wednesday 19 September 2007

K is for Kalem

Kalem is my first grandson, born on June 23rd 2005. That boy is the apple of my eye! He is a bundle of adventure wrapped in a blanket of wonder! He is just entering the 'Why' stage. All you parents know what I'm talking about here. When my kids went through it years ago, I used to get so fed up having to answer questions that just resulted in another, 'why' but now I'm a seasoned veteran and I can answer away all day!
Kalem never stops moving, he is constantly looking for something to touch, eat, pull apart and investigate. He is amazed by the smallest of things, like how a worm keeps moving when you chop it in half (actually, so am I) and spiders webs. He loves getting dirty in the garden or anywhere else. He likes splashing in puddles and running in the rain. He sometimes even likes sitting still and drawing pictures for grandma but not for long though! When he shouts, 'Grandma' my heart leaps and when he runs into my arms for a kiss and a cuddle I melt. He is great fun to be around and as grandma I can be silly with him.
But the best bit about being his grandma, I can send him home when I've had enough!

No comments: