Sunday 9 September 2007

Sky+

We just got Sky+ and I love it!
Our video broke down a couple of weeks ago and we've been considering getting a Freeview Hard drive box. Then we saw the advert for Sky+. The last time I enquired about it Sky weren't in a position where they had competition so it would have cost me £199 to get the box, £50 fitting and £20 extra a month on my subscription because we have multiroom. I wasn't paying that and felt that as a loyal customer for over 10 years they should be offering me something a little better!
Then came Virgin Media. Now Sky has competition from Mr Branson and even BT are bringing out a box so they have had to back track to keep their customer base. The advert said, one off payment of £99, free fitting and no extra to pay each month. Woooohoooo, I was in the market for that!
So now we have a shiny new Sky+ box. Why do I love it, you're asking? Well......

I NEVER HAVE TO MISS CORONATION STREET EVER AGAIN, OR EASTENDERS, OR MEDIUM, OR LOST OR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!

You think that's sad don't you? I know you do, LOL. But honestly how many times have you been in that situation where you are so looking forward to just sitting down and relaxing in front of the telly to watch a program and the phone rings, the doorbell goes, somebody needs feeding, etc, etc. You have to miss half of the program and can't get into it once you've missed the beginning. Or you miss it all and it's the vital conclusion to a series. It's annoying isn't it!
Well with Sky+ that never has to happen. You can pause live tv, I know how cool is that! You press the pause button and it stops the programme then you press play and it starts from where you paused it. Or you can record it onto the hard drive and save till later. But the best thing is the Series Link. You record the first episode, press Series Link and it remembers and records every episode for you. I'll never have to miss an episode of Lost or CSI again.
I love modern technology!

No comments: