Friday 31 August 2007

I is for Ice-Cream

I've loved ice-cream ever since I was a little girl. I love it in any flavour (except chocolate), adorned with sauce, with nuts, as it comes, luxury types, ordinary types, with fruit in or without. It's fair to say I just adore it, in all it's forms.
When I was young, the Seargents ice-cream van used to stop right outside our house, at least twice a day and I always had to have one. I was lucky enough to have five uncles and an aunty who all lived just three houses away from us, so there was always somebody around who would buy me one. I developed chillblains on my lips because I ate so much of it! But Seargents ice-cream is so creamy and delicious you just have to keep eating it. It is sooooo much nicer than any other ice-cream I have ever tasted. I haven't had a Seargents for many years, they don't have an ice-cream van anymore. You only see them at things like village shows and one of the village pubs sells it with their puddings so it isn't readily available. Good job!
Now, I buy my ice-cream from the supermarket. You can get some really good ones these days, like Carte D'Or and HaagenDaaz (sp!). But even the supermarket's own brands are getting better. I have to limit myself to a carton once a month. I can eat a 2 litre carton in one sitting, without any trouble, so you see my predicament. If I eat it any more often it will just add to the extra pounds I'm already carrying.
Don't you think I'm good, seeing how much I love it.

No comments: