Tuesday 14 August 2007

Encyclopedia of Me

B is for Boys

Well it had to be that, didn't it, seeing as I'm the mother of four of them. Everytime I was pregnant I thought,'this one will be a girl'. But, no, each time out popped another little boy. Not that I'm complaining because I love my boys but it would have been nice to have a daughter to share girly things with. I never got the chance to dress up a little me in frilly dresses, tie ribbons in her hair, buy dollies and prams or share makeup and fashion tips. Yet I haven't regretted one minute of my life with my boys.
I've had to be tough, mind you. Being the only woman in a house of men, you can easily get to be the one who runs around and does everything. Not me, I set the rules early on and made sure my boys knew how to vaccume, polish, wash pots and eventually cook. Discipline wasn't always easy but I always had the respect of my boys. They haven't been angels, by any stretch of the imagination, but they have all grown up to be well adjusted, good young men. I am proud of each one of them for their own achievements and love them dearly. I wouldn't give them up for a whole giggle of girls.
And now, after 23 years I have the little girl I always wanted in my beautiful granddaughter, Lacey. So, get ready girl, there are a whole lot of frillies and dollies coming your way. I have a lot of years to catch up on.

No comments: