Sunday 26 August 2007

H is for Husband

My husband, John, is my soulmate. I know that God sent him to me because we are so good together.
We met 15 years ago, just after I had left my first husband. I was totally off men, never wanted anything to do with them, ever again, I hated men - get the picture!
My friend, Pam, was remarrying her first husband and insisted I had to go on her hen night. I didn't want to go out, I just wanted to hide away and lick my wounds but I forced myself.
We went to a local nightclub and I had to say I was enjoying myself, dancing and having a laugh with the girls. Suddenly this strange guy picked me up, whirled me around, put me down and announced, 'I'm going to marry you.' That was my first experience of John.
We danced and laughed the night away. He walked me out of the club at the end of the night and as I was walking away he grabbed me and said 'I haven't had a kiss goodnight,' then he kissed me in front of a crowd of hundreds, just like in the movies, where the hero bends the heroine over his arm. He got a rousing cheer and applause from the audience!
We agreed to meet the following week and we have been together ever since. On our first proper date we talked as if we were old friends and he constantly made me laugh. I felt so comfortable with him and knew we would stay together. People tried to tell me I was rushing into things, or that it was a rebound thing but I knew I'd found 'The One'. My divorce came through in January 1993 and we married on 13th February 1993.
Over the years, I have grown to love him more and more. We fit together perfectly, we can talk to each other about anything and we trust each other implicitly. John is my rock when I need help, he has a way of keeping my spirits up and making me believe that things are never as bad as they seem. He has loved my four boys as if they were his own, from the moment he met them and they all love and respect him as a father.
He isn't perfect and there are times I could cheerfully throttle him, but he probably feels like that about me, sometimes! John understands me and takes me as I am. He loves me for who I am, warts and all. He makes me laugh, sometimes he makes me cry but he always, without fail, makes me feel special.
I want to grow old with this man!

No comments: