Wednesday 31 October 2007

O is for Overweight

Okay, I admit it, I am overweight! I am about six sizes to big and will probably remain so for the rest of my life. Am I happy?
Well, yes in the respect that I don't dwell on my weight or sit wringing my hands in despair at the thought of being overweight. But no, in the respect that I would like to be thin again. I once was a size 12 and looked pretty darn good. But that was when I was a whole lot younger than I am now and keeping slim was easy. Then I had reasons, like attracting the opposite sex and being able to wear the newest fashions.
My husband is a wonderful man, who loves me whether I'm fat or thin. He doesn't care about the fact I'm overweight. He thinks I'm beautiful and sexy no matter what because he loves me for who I am. And as for fashion, well I left that behind years ago. I learned long ago to wear what suits you not what society dictates.
So, there's the rub, my incentives to lose weight have gone and I'm destined to live with my thin self shouting to get out. I quieten her with with a tub of ice-cream or a block of chocolate, usually!
Actually being overweight isn't as bad as it used to be. Many more clothes shops are catering for outsize, now, so I can wear great clothes without having to look like my grandmother! And when the famine comes I'll last that bit longer than the thinnies because I'll have my fat reserves to live on!
So BOOOOORAHHHH to all the stick, thin fashionistas who try to make us believe that we should all look like skeletons and HOOOOOOORAHHHHHHH to womanly curves and proud of it!

No comments: